Where you will receive your care
You will receive your care either as an inpatient or outpatient.
Kết quả xổ số Quảng NamBeing an inpatient means that you stay in hospital overnight. If you are an inpatient, you’ll stay on one of our two wards located in the main hospital building (the Tower):
- T12 North (for 13- to 19-year-olds) or
- T13 North (for 20- to 24-year-olds).
Kết quả xổ số Quảng NamWard T12 North has been designed specially with young people in mind and offers everything you may need to make your stay as comfortable as possible. This includes:
- plasma TV in each room
- internet access
- a webcam so you can easily stay in touch with your friends and family
- a kitchen where you and your family can make drinks and heat up meals
- an extra bed so someone close to you can stay with you when you are in hospital.
- There is also a social area where you can spend time with other young people your age.
Depending on your care needs, you may be able to have some or all of your treatment as an outpatient, without having to stay overnight in hospital. You would then be treated in the Teenage and Young Adult Specialist Unit located on the third floor of the University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre.
The unit consists of an outpatient area, day care, and ambulatory care. If you’d like more information on ambulatory care, see our leaflet Teenage and Young Adult Ambulatory Care Service’.
There is also a large recreational area on this floor known as the hub. The hub has been designed together with young people and includes a gym, DJ booth, computer, gaming space, education zone, pool table and lots more.