Who do we see?
- Children from birth to 19 years of age with all kinds of deafness and hearing disorders: hearing difficulties, hearing loss, deafness (stable or progressive), tinnitus, auditory neuropathy spectrum disorder, auditory processing difficulties/disorder, hyperacusis.
- Children under five years of age with speech and language delay where hearing loss is questioned
- Children with vertigo, dizziness and balance disorders
Diagnostic testing of babies referred from the Newborn Hearing Screening Programme (NHSP) Kết quả xổ số Quảng Namand subsequent investigation and management.
- Hearing evaluation: visual reinforcement audiometry, pure tone audiometry, tympanometry, oto-acoustic emissions, speech perception tests, stapedial reflexes, auditory brain-stem evoked response for threshold and latencies, cortical evoked response audiometry.
- Medical and multidisciplinary assessment of hearing, listening and balance difficulties.
- Support and counselling for children with a hearing loss and their families.
- Assessment of speech, language, communication, education, and development of language, speech and listening skills if indicated
- Vestibular assessment if indicated
- Psychological support and assessment if indicated
- Medical investigations of cause of deafness or imbalance and vertigo including urine, blood, scans
- Medical management of treatable conditions identified including ‘glue ear’ (otitis media with effusion) and vertigo
- Hearing aid prescription and fitting
- Advice on development of hearing, listening, language and communication skills
- Advice on medical and surgical management of deafness
- Advice on choices about communication and education available to families of deaf children
- Information about local and national support groups /societies
- Management/advice about vertigo and balance disorders.
Audiovestibular physicians, audiologists, specialist nurses, play leader, specialist speech & language therapist for the deaf, specialist teacher of the deaf, clinical psychologists
- NHS e-Referral Service (formally Choose and Book referrals)
- General practitioners (GPs)
- Consultant paediatricians
- ENT surgeons
- Second tier community audiology clinics
- Audiovestibular physicians
- NHSP programme
Clinics are held on a daily basis.